- Microbial Ecology
- ISME Journal
The ISME Symposium is a biennial event, held in the even years, and should be held in the 2nd or 3rd week in August. The symposium attracts 1500 – 2500 delegates with a program consisting of 3 components, scientific, society and social. If you would like more information regarding the guidelines for the organisation of the symposium please contact the ISME Events team.
Symposium bids are only accepted from senior scientists in the field of microbial ecology. There are a number of steps in the bid process and we ask that they be met in full or the proposal may be unsuccessful. If you require any assistance please contact the ISME Events Team (email@example.com). The bid process for the ISME Symposium is as follows:
1. Expression of Interest (EOI) – An expression of interest must be completed using the ISME EOI form. This form is just a brief look at the city as a venue and should be completed by the bid chair. This submission should not exceed the form plus 1 attached venue floor plans and room capacities. The ISME Executive will then consider these submissions. If successful the ISME Executive will invite the organisation or collective to submit a full proposal. In considering the EOIs the ISME Executive will consider the following:
· The symposium facilities and the available dates
· International access to the region and the accommodation facilities
· The interest of the region and the typical weather conditions
· The calibre and experience of the proposed Organising Committee
2. Full Proposal – The preparation of this proposal is by invitation only. Guidelines for this proposal will be sent to you with the invitation. The ISME Executive will then consider these proposals and score them based on a selection matrix.
3. Venue Site Visit – Representatives of the ISME Executive and the Events team will visit the 2 or 3 high ranked proposals. The bidding organisation or collective must sponsor this site visit.
4. Selection and Announcement – A report of the site visit will be prepared by the Site Visit attendees and this will be submitted to the ISME Board for deliberation. The Announcement of the host organisation and location will occur at the penultimate symposium (i.e ISME16 will be announced at ISME14).
|Open for Expression of Interest (EOI)||1 March 2013|
|Deadline Expression of Interest (EOI)||13 October 2013|
|Invitations sent out by ISME for full Bid||15 November 2013|
|Due date Full Bid||24 January 2014|
|Site Visits by ISME||February-March-April 2014|
|Announcement Winner||August 2014 (during ISME15)|