- Microbial Ecology
- ISME Journal
Isme14 - Oral and Poster Presentation Guidelines
Poster Preparation Guidelines
At this stage each poster will be displayed for 2 days during the conference, either Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri. Authors are requested to ensure that the posters are displayed by 8am on the first day and are removed by the end of the second day. Those not removed by this time will be disposed of by the event coordinators.
Poster Sessions: Authors are requested to be available for questions of your poster during the scheduled poster sessions. Poster presentation will be given on either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday; you will be informed on the day of your presentation by mid-July.
Please check you poster number in the program closer to the conference.
Poster Guidelines for Presenters: A freestanding compatible posterboard (2,43 meter height x 0,97 meter width) will be provided for your poster. Your poster should not exceed the size of a standard A0 (84.1cm x 118.9cm) in portrait layout. Your poster number will appear on the top right hand side of the board so you can locate your board easily.
In order to efficiently communicate the results of your research to the viewers, you are kindly requested to devote considerable effort in the design of your poster. Providing A4 takeaway versions of your poster is also encouraged.
Presenters may wish to consider the following;
- Avoid putting too much material and text on the poster.
- The heading should have letters at least 35mm (100 Pt) high listing the title of the paper, authors, institution and its location
- Lettering for text and illustrations should be at least 10mm (36 pt) high
- The introduction should contain 3 to 5 sentences outlining essential information necessary to understand the study and why it was done.
- The objectives of the study, the questions to be asked or the hypothesis to be tested should be clearly stated in as few words as possible.
- Outline your methods briefly
- Results should be presented as graphs or tables. They should be self-explanatory and therefore please provide a clear legend including symbols. You may also want to provide an interpretation of the results below each panel.
The discussion (if necessary) and conclusions should be succinctly stated on large type. Many viewers read this first and hence it should be easy to understand.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Length of Presentations: Each contributed session presentation will be 15 minutes in length including time for questions. Speakers in invited sessions are allocated 30 minutes including question time.
Session Chairpersons: Please refer to the Program Book you will receive at the conference for name of your session's Chairperson. Please meet your Chairperson in your session room 15 minutes the start of your session.
Presentation Upload: If you are using a PowerPoint or other electronic presentation, it must be uploaded onto the conference computers preferable the day before your presentation or at least 2 hours prior. Speaker ready staff will be available in the speaker preparation room;
Sunday 19 August 11:00 - 16:00
Monday 20 August 08:00 - 16:00
Tuesday 21 August 08:00 - 16:00
Thursday 23 August 08:00 - 16:00
Friday 24 August 08:00 - 12:00
It is strongly encouraged for you to bring your presentation on a number of formats and you are discouraged from using your own laptop.
Audio Visual Information: The use of PowerPoint presentations is strongly encouraged and the following equipment will be provided in all meeting rooms:
* Data Video Projector
* A computer to which your presentation will be uploaded.
* Lectern and Microphone
* Laser Pointer
No other equipment will be provided unless agreed to by the Organising Committee. Please send a request immediately if there is something you require.