Travel Grant Applications
Applications for travel grants are welcome from January 4th onwards and the deadline is April 1st (closed).
We will e-mail the results to all applicants (via a personal e-mail) in the last week of April or 1st week of May latest. Note that only applications from ISME members will be handled/reviewed.
The ISME Society will make funds available for young scientists to assist in covering their travel expenses to attend ISME16.
• North America 300 EUR (around 400 CAD)
• Rest of the World 750 EUR (around 1000 CAD)
The Grants are divided into:
- Student Grants:
ISME student members currently engaged in research toward a higher degree: Masters or PhD
- PostDoc Grants:
ISME regular members currently holding a PostDoc position for no more than 3 years*
The applicant must also be the first and presenting author of an abstract submitted to the symposium.
Please note that winning a Travel Grant is no guarantee towards receiving an Oral talk for your submitted abstract.
Applications for "The ISME Travel Grants" should include:
- Applicants name and full contact details (full work address, phone number, email address)
- ISME membership number (can be found when login into your ISME account)
- Gender, age and nationality
- Supportive statement from current supervisor
- Personal statement why you believe the Committee should select you for an award
- Copy of submitted abstract
All applications should be in a .pdf file format.
Try not to go over 3 pages: 1 page for a personal statement, 1 page for the abstract and 1 page for the supervisor motivation should be sufficient but we will not mind if you go over a bit.
Filename should the applicants' name as follows: "Surname_Firstname_TravelApp.pdf"
Please send to: email@example.com
•ONLY ISME members will be considerd for travel grants so make sure to become a member before the application deadline of 1 April 2016.
•The travel grants will be distributed during the Symposium in Montreal via PayPal or bank transfer. For safety reasons we do not distribute grants in cash.
*counting from the last day of the conference, 26 August 2016.
Bank details form for ISME16 TG winners