- Microbial Ecology
- ISME Journal
Call for Dues 2013
Anyone with an interest in Microbial Ecology can become a full member of ISME.
Membership fees for 2013 are as follows:
|Student Society + Online Journal Member (1 year membership)||EUR 65.00|
|Regular Society + Online Journal Member (1 year membership)||EUR 105.00|
|Regular Society + Online & Printed Journal Member (half year membership)||EUR 67.50|
Membership includes online access to The ISME Journal. For 30 euro extra you can have a monthly hardcopy of the journal as well (only available for regular members and not student members. If students want a monthly hardcopy of The ISME Journal they must choose and pay a regular membership).
NPG offers to ISME members a 50% off a one year subscription to Nature Reviews Microbiology.
ISME Members will benefit from reduced registration fees at the biennial ISME Symposia. For additional benefits, see below.
You can use your Visa, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal to register on-line. Or pay by bank transfer!
If you purchased a membership that includes the printed copy of the journal, and you purchased it later than January 2013, you will receive all the missing back issues of The ISME Journal from 2013.
PLEASE note that ISME works with calendar year memberships! Your membership ends on 31 December (and does not take the starting date of your membership into consideration).
ISME can cancel memberships during the year but we cannot (partially) refund the fees.
Due to the large amount of international payments, we cannot automatically renew your membership and charge your credit card or bank account. Members that purchased a 2-year membership a the even number of years are automatically set as members the following year.
If your country is a so called LOW INCOME COUNTRY, your institute/ university might be eligible to receive free access to The ISME Journal via: "The Access to Research Initiative (HINARI)". This provides free (or very low) cost online access to the major journals in science, amongst which The ISME Journal, to not-for-profit institutions in developing countries.
Your membership dues support the following
- Regular members receive a free online subscription to the prestigious journal of the Society The ISME Journal
- Regular members receive a subscription to the paper version of The ISME Journal for 30 euro extra
- Student members get reduced fees and an online subscription to the online journal
- Eligibility to vote for (or stand elect as) Board Members
- Free job postings at our highly used job page or event postings on our event page
- Possibility to submit bids for future ISME symposia
- Get sponsorship funds for your local workshop or meeting
- Access to ISME online Membership directory
- Our publication partner - NPG, offers to members a 50% discount to Nature Reviews Microbiology (when ISME members log on to the ISME website they will find a link how to proceed)