1. Who is hiring?
The Microbiome Research Center of Shenzhen University focuses on the field of microbiology and biogeochemistry, especially interested in archaea and bacteria. By combining modern high-throughput sequencing, bioinformatics, and various molecular and chemical analysis methods, we are trying to understand how microbes participate in the transformation of elements and their contribution to the biogeochemical cycle. The research center has sufficient funds, and it also encourages postdocs to set up research topics based on personal interests, especially interdisciplinary collaborative research.
2. Research interests (not limited to)
• Molecular Microbiology
• Microbial physiological and biochemical mechanisms
• Bioinformatics (microbial metagenomic, metatranscriptomic and single cell sequencing)
• Biogeochemical cycling of isotope-labeled microorganisms
3. Applicant requirements
• A doctoral degree of microbiology, ecology, environmental science, environmental science and engineering, marine science and other related majors has been obtained within 3 years, and has strong English reading and writing skills;
• Strong research and innovation ability and teamwork spirit;
• Good academic ethics and rigorous scientific attitude, good health and ability to work under interdisciplinary environment;
• Applicants who have achieved strong scientific research results will be given priority;
• Work part-time is not allowed;
• Experience in molecular microbiology, bioinformatics and DNA isotope labeling analysis is an advantage;
• Candidates who can understand Chinese are preferred.
The salary is pretty good. Please contact us for details.